Solace

This is going to be a bit chaotic. I intend on putting the paintings into categories in multiple blogs which will exist as links on the main page, but I need to do a little homework first to work out how to do it...
This - seemingly abstract painting - is of the inside of my coffee mug (The white and orange-brown is the bottom and the grey on the left and the big of grey on the corners of the right are the sides of the inside of the mug). It really looks the same every morning. It is a space that I know very well and a smell that I can wallow in for endless moments. I never wash it after having had my coffee, but rather allow the coffee rests to crystalize along the bottom. Looking into this mug is something I do every morning before I am forced to wash the beautiful orange-brown coffee stains from the cup so as to allow for another boost of my daily caffeine. This painting thus illustrates very much a part of my daily activities and is very much a view that fills me with calm and fulfillment... 90cm x 60cm oil on canvas

1 Comments:
you were never as good at rinsing your mug. If you look at it quickly it also looks like part of an eye.maybe awakening with ritual.looks a bit like porthole to reality, the lines give it a crystaline 3dimensional feel. love this one
Post a Comment
<< Home