Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Pipe ballet


This painting is a continuation of my insects theme with a somewhat humorous slant. I think it looks a little like the beetle is dancing inside a pipe. Having spent countless hours studying the look of various insects, I have uncovered a deep respect for the complexity of their anatomical make-up. I mean they really are like little monsters - and they are all around us. I suppose that this is why I wanted the painting to come across as more playful than threatening... 40cm x 40cm oil on canvas

6 Comments:

Blogger Marty Rudoy said...

What a great site, muz. And I get the honor of the first post. Hooray!

Nice, nice work. I especially like this one; I like it better than I did when I first saw it on WC.

Best,

Spicuzza

4:19 am  
Blogger muzormur said...

Thanks for commenting, Marty. You know what I think of your creative pool and so to wake up with a spicuzza post is a great way to start the day. :) Cheers, murray

7:16 am  
Blogger Marty Rudoy said...

Its interesting to add a free site meter to your account. Here's the one I use: http://sitemeter.com/

9:17 pm  
Blogger muzormur said...

Wow... Good idea. Thanks a lot. I'll get right down to it

9:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the painting reminds me of something out of dark crystal, the movie with an insect been pulled down a drain but scuttling in the oposite direction.like The use of colour esprcially the darker tones.

3:56 pm  
Blogger Marty Rudoy said...

Spooky colors I like!

8:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home